Monday, November 12, 2012

Autumn Tree

Painting Buddies Challenge #4
Autumn Tree

8x10 Oil on Canvas Panel
This is week four of our Painting Buddies Challenge, and we're continuing with the fall theme.  Denna (who selects are challenge) found a great image looking up through the tree at the sky.  It reminds me of the sponsored United Nations Pilgrimage trip for teens I had the privilege of going on when I was 16.  While our trip was in June, I have a photo of the Washington Monument that reminds me of this angle.  If I remember correctly, one of the guys on our trip laid on the sidewalk to take the photos for us.  It was a great time!  So this brings back good memories for me.  Fall colors are always a winner in my book!  In addition to that, I'm pretty pleased with the branches showing here and there through the leaves.  This painting has lots of texture to the leaves and bark. 
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment