Sunday, July 1, 2012

Waterside View

Waterside View

16 x 20 oil on canvas panel.  This was inspired by the same print as the Waterside Village. I wanted something simpler, a little closer to abstract.   Photographing my art accurately is something I still struggle with.   Not sure the photo really shows the background as well as it should. In the actual painting, I love the way the sky and water blend.  The land background shows more depth in the original  My intent with this painting and the Waterside Village was to have something to go well with the other art in my office.  Not sure either of these are going to find a home there.  But it gives me motivation to keep working on just the "right" one to hang in my new office.  We'll all see what I continue to come up with. .  My grandson, who is becoming quite the little artist, is coming to spend some time with me. So I'm sure we'll be doing all kinds of painting soon!  Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment