Thursday, May 17, 2012

With the Flow

With the Flow

11 x 14 Acrylic on Canvas.
The idea for this painting came from our local Relay for Life.  They are having a silent auction this weekend of art pieces.  The theme is Fight Back.  I wanted to look at the positive side of fighting back and thought about the traits it would take to fight back....Faith, Love, Strength, Courage, and Hope.  Had I had more time, I would have preferred to try the theme a little differently and in oils as they are so much easier for me to blend.  I may have to go ahead and try that at a later date and will be sure to post the results.  In the end, though, I like the idea of this painting.  It's going to be great fun to see all the different interpretations of Fighting Back!

This weekend is also the local Festival of Arts.  This past year has been a year of stepping out of my box and letting people see my art work.  I'm actually going to have a display at the Festival this weekend.  It's going to be a fun time!


No comments:

Post a Comment