Thursday, February 23, 2012

Letting Go


Letting Go

8x10 Oil on Canvas.
This painting represents part of my own personal journal and as such, is a companion piece to the painting titled "Emotion". It's been quite a journey! But looking forward to the new chapters.

This is also very different from my first version - only the open hand remains the same. While I always had the light in mind, the original had much bolder color. After attending a retreat this past weekend on Awakenings...New Beginnings, I decided the light needed to be a little more subtle. I'm please with the final effect.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
(Isaiah 41:10)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful color! The hand looks great with the reflected color. I like the changes on God's light you made.

    ReplyDelete